Since was all serious business and ranting around here last week I thought I’d let the Monkey’s lighten the mood by FINALLY posting thank you pics of them in their Embee Cavaliers’ snoods.
We think snoods are just an evil conspiracy to humiliate all Cavaliers!
Snoods may not be good, but the foods you get wearing a snood is liplickin' goooood!
When I first saw snoods I though I would never use such a humiliating torture device on my Cav’s.Then I actually got a Cav and learned how much grooming is involved and now I’m very thankful Mary Beth was generous enough to give each of my pups a snood in her giveaway. More on my grooming woes later, but suffice it to say if you don’t want to spend hours each week cleaning bits of goopy dried food of all sorts out of Cavalier ears you’ll want to invest in an Embee Cavalier snood. Trust me it’s worth it.
I thought about doing a whole bit on desensitization of the snood before you put it on. I have to admit I haven’t done it myself and chose the lazy trainers route of just putting it on and letting the yumminess of whatever sloppy, messy, and thus yummy to them, food I give them do the work for me. Magnus of course still doesn’t love it. He basically doesn’t love anything resembling handling, or clothes, or harnesses, but he does love the num yums he gets when I put it on so I think his association with it is will be okay over time.
So after all this blah blah blahing let me get to the point and say THANKS Mary Beth, I love their snoods!
Magnus doesn’t think I should be able to post anymore humiliating pictures of him after last weeks Speaking of Dog’s where he made his newspaper debut as a but sniffer, but a little humialtion for the greater good of comic relief is okay so I didn’t listen and now you all get to see how cute they look in their little “bonnets”. Thanks again Embee! You guys are the best!
I hope better late than never applies because we were generously awarded the Leibster award by Baika, Brando, Humphrey, Ziggy and Chleo and the boys at Empty Nest a while ago, but I’m just now getting around to posting about it.
Wow! It’s pretty amazing to me we even got the award once, let alone three times! Thanks for honoring us with this guys and I’m sorry it took me so long to respond!
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award
It’s always hard to choose only five favorites in blogville, so we narrowed it down by choosing five of our favorite Cavalier blogs:
- Bark’n About Miss Kodee and Becky keep us laughing with their witty repartee.
- The Adventures of Kendall the Cavalier Even “Flat Kendall” gets to have fun in her travels.
- Embee Cavaliers Mary Beth writes an entertaining and educational inside look of what it means to be a quality breeder as well what it’s like to love a pup with symptomatic CM.
- My Dog is Cooler Than Me One of the newer blogs we’ve been following, Elsa is an adorable Black and Tan girl who was the fulfillment of a dream, as it seems so many of our Cav’s are.
- Your Holistic Dog Kathy and Teko are full of so many natural health tips to keep our pups healthy.
I really feel like I should be giving this award back to Empty Nest, Brando and Bogart and Baika’s Blog since those are three I read most regularly. Since I don’t know if that’s allowed I’ll suffice with a big thanks to all of them for thinking of us!
First, a huge thanks to Sage for giving us the Stylish Blogger Award!
It’s the first award Lessons From and For 4 Legs has received, thus a real honor.
I must admit it was a surprise to get an award for being stylish since I haven’t been feeling too stylish around here at all!
Perhaps it’s all part of my spring cleaning purge, but I’ve been wanting to simplify things here on the blog too. I haven’t come up with any great idea’s yet, but as always I’m open to suggestions.
In the meantime this honor comes with a couple of responsibilities: share seven things about me or my pets and pass on the honor to 15 blogs.
So seven random things about me and the ‘M’ pups:
- I was raised in a small town and long to move back to the country and acres and acres of uninhabited space
- I am a needy loner
- Magnus is just a loner
- Maizey is just needy (we three make a good match)
- I am a candy addict
- Magnus is a kitty litter crunchies addict
- Maizey is a Crazymomlady addict (Maizey and I think our addictions are pretty harmless but find Magnus’ addiction totally repulsive.)
Now the hard part, bestowing the stylish honor on 15 others:
Thanks again to Sage and I hope you all enjoy being bestowed the title of stylish as much as I did!